Skip to main content

Tech world to be safely for it...

More tips from the FTC to protect my I.D. from all:  Stimulus payments for people - not nursing homes,  Wrapping up 2020 with more car wrap scams,  Investment coaching scams are trending,  More money from the government?,   New tools to fight gift card scams,  Don't be CBDeceived by junk science, And a smart fridge in a pear tree,  Santa doesn't need your SSN#,  All I want for Christmas...is what I ordered & more later this week.

Facebook tips,   Twitter tips & Instagram tips also....

Tips for Technology:  

Microsoft Windows computer - Press CTRL + C to copy it, and press CTRL + V to paste it in the window. You can also easily paste text you've copied from another program into the command prompt using the same shortcut.

Guide: How to Shut Down Windows 10 PC/Laptop by Using Command-Line

It's very useful to learn how to use command line to shutdown a Windows 10 computer when Windows file crashes or computer screen freezes or other stuck errors that prevent system shutdown. Follow the guide below strictly and try to close Windows 10 when it does not turn off.

STEP 1. Start->Run->CMD;

STEP 2. Type "shutdown" in the open command prompt window;

STEP 3. List of various choices that you can do with the command will be listed down;

 

shutdonw Windows 10 PC using command line

STEP 4. Type "shutdown /s" to Shutdown your computer;

STEP 5. Type "shutdown /r "to Restart your windows PC;

STEP 6. Type shutdown /l" to Log off your computer

SETP 7. Type "shutdown /a"to Abort the shutdown process before the timeout; 

SETP 8. Type shutdown to know more choices in system shutdown process.

Force Shutdown Macbook
 
If your Mac still won't shut down, the only thing left to do is to figuratively “pull the plug” and force a shutdown. This works on both desktop Macs and MacBooks. To do this, first press and hold the Control and Command keys, then hold the Mac's power button.

 

How to copy and paste with iMac shortcut keys
  1. Highlight the text to be copied.
  2. Hold the "command" key (by the space button) and then hit the "C" key. Press Command + C to copy. Steven John/Business Insider.
  3. Click on to the space where the text is to be pasted, then hold command and hit the "V" key.
How to copy and paste with iPhone and iPad
  1. Find the text (or other content) you'd like to copy and tap and hold on it.
  2. Tap and drag the blue circle on the left and right to highlight your desired information and tap Copy.
  3. Navigate to the app (Notes, Mail, Messages, etc.) you'd like to paste the copied content.
  4. Tap and hold and tap Paste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birthday and this week was on my kind…

My birthday time was earlier this week.  I worked on my birthday by walking four dogs before coming back home.  I enjoy walking and take care of my clients dogs.  Earlier that day mom made a Boston cream cake for my birthday dessert.  We waiting for family to be picked up from the metro then we heading to my favorite restaurant called SweetwaterTavern .  All our food ( menu ) tasted pretty awesome.  We had appetizers before dinner while having drinks to decide on what to get.  I got a usually I get called short salmon salad with warm goat cheese in it.  The apps were called Ozzie rolls (sweet type of a doughnut hole or roll), firecracker shrimp & Tex Mex eggrolls.  I had a unsweetened tea for my drink.  Other food here rocks anyway.  I ate half at the restaurant that night then finished the rest for lunch between walks for work the next day.  I got a few cards for my birthday day.  Thanks to all.  Some of my family gave me some cool stuff for my birthday.  Items later describe… Mor

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! What are you doing this Thanksgiving ? I usually watch Christmas movies on the hallmark channel,  watch the Macy’s thanksgiving parade , sports and Westminster Dog show that’s on also.  We are having family over for Thanksgiving and hope it goes well.  Younger brother & I are helped out our mother for this festival time of THANKSGIVING .  Turkey prices - Giant Food ( Frozen or Fresh ), Safeway ( frozen or fresh ), Trader Joe’s ( frozen or fresh ), ALDI’s ( fresh or frozen ), Harris Teeter ( fresh or frozen ), LIDL ( fresh or frozen ), Wegman’s ( frozen or fresh ), Shoppers Food Warehouse ( frozen or fresh ) and  others…Cheapest turkey prices in Ohio.  Turkey prices in Penn.   prices in IL I think so.  USA TODAY articles about turkey:  Average cost ,  Turkey prices go down but sidedishes go up & Home cooked Turkey could be cheaper at home… Prices in IL.. Sports update .  More recipes:  Mary Berry’s Lemon and Thyme roast Turkey,  Marth

Super Bowl LVIII results and etc…

I don’t spend a lot time on my apple Desktop or laptop so I am on iPhone now this days.  When I do sports events I get my tickets sent on my iPhone.  How about you?  University of NotreDame Football 2024 Schedule announced.  NCAA Basketball bids .  NBC’s coverage for ND football com - mentors have had a big change again.   2026 World Cup stuff right here,  The Super Bowl was entertaining when a team gives up the lead then the underdog wins the game in O.T. to boot - I went to a mini Super Bowl party and had pizza (only ate pepperoni & sausage kind) & Caesar salad mostly with peach ice tea (no sugar) for a drink.  Well I heard the CFBplayoff has updated it self by going to a 12 team format: story link .  NCAA rules on NIL vs Tennessee case issues.  Billy Dee Williams Star Wars take on it.  My nephew/godson’s band named Uniflora ( podcast radio interview) that are playing  at the Metro Chicago (Chicago, IL) this Friday February 23rd, 2024 around 8:00pm ct (doors open aro