Skip to main content

Off week time for us around here…

I sleep allot this days after eating pretty healthy food when I take my medicine for my health issues.  Some nights I don’t eat dessert because I so full at breakfast or lunch or dinner when my stomach is smaller this days.  This week I had to call the pharmacy & talk to a person to get new medications for the first time.  It was odd to do.

  Are you preparing for Halloween very soon?  We trying to our best doing this trying times.  I have some decorations to make our house & surrounds for this Halloween we hope.  I put up some scary ghosts with glow sticks in our front trees for this holiday.   Washington, D.C. in Halloween time.  More Halloween in my area.  Here are some "STAR WARS" stuff according to Halloween standers:  STAR WARS & HALLOWEEN Shopping Guide 2021 & more STAR WARS & HALLOWEEN.  Harry Potter Customers,  Marvel ones,  DC comics time.

I am very sorry to hear that some family & friends aren’t getting COVID-19 shots yet to protect themselves & others to save lives from the variant for COVID-19 is still out their so certain people will need a booster to help them along.  If you need flu shot please get one as soon as possible to be safe then sorry.

Our weather has being allot cooler and some rain on/off for all.  We made some turkey chili last night & it tasted pretty awesome so that’s dinner for two days later.  The Turkey chili wasn't spicy like our Uncle Mark's chili he makes - hot or very hot or very, very hot.  My favorite food places to eat at are:  Sweetwater Tavern, Havabite Eatery, Artie's, The Esposito's FairfaxMamma Lucia, Silverado,  more of this some other time.  What ever places do like in your area?

Here are some TV shows I watch beside sports: NCIS (CBS), NCIS Los Angles, NCIS New Orleans, Young Sheldon, The Equalizer, Ted Lasso (Apple TV Plus) and others (maybe more).  I do some movies also.  What shows & movies are you watching this days? At this time I am not ready to go back to the movie theater since it’s not safe yet today.

I know it’s a little early to talk about college basketball - men & women when the polls haven’t came out yet.  ESPN take on college men basketball and ESPNW take on women basketball.  ND MEN BASKETBALL's schedule info & ND WOMEN BASKETBALL's schedule details right here.  Great news for NOTRE DAME Men Basketball is their honoring LaPhonso Ellis by added him to the "RING OF HONOR" at Purcell Pavilion on December 11th, 2021 Saturday.  ACC Men Basketball conf. schedule and B1G/ACC Challenge details & ACC Women Basketball conf. schedule for you all.  The BIG EAST/B1G Challenge Gavitt Tipoff Games for all to see.

Men college hockey started already so ND MEN HOCKEY is in action for it's schedule.  NHL starts very soon the Washington Capitals will be on some more.

I guess the nba starts very soon also - Cleveland Cavaliers & Washington Wizards on the season.

It's a off-week for ND FOOTBALL on midterm-week for all of UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME.  I think ND Sports are doing ok & ND Football escaped at Virginia Tech in a tough environment so their football is off this week so not much on here besides that.  The polls coming up & key games of their next games.  Isn’t great to be ranked team for college football world to be.  Just a little details for college basketball.  More of my report on ND football. More ND FOOTBALL & etc. vids on this blog spot.   Finally I am going to a ND football game that they are playing versus Southern Cal - usc around Oct. 23rd weekend.  Hope I have a great time with family & friends.  Take care & Go Irish!!!

Since ND FOOTBALL is off this week I will update the NFL teams - Cleveland Browns (3 - 2) & Washington football team (2 - 3).  Both teams are pretty up & down at this time in this 17 game season.  I am not sure either team is ready for nfl playoffs

FIFA Men World Cup Qatar 2022 qualifiers details.  CONCACAF info, UEFA, AFC, CAF, CONMEBOL, OFC.  I am not sure if USA MEN SOCCER will go this time.  Sometime it's hard to watch MLS when the EPL is great & awesome to watch also.  My MLS team I route for is still DCU this days.  EPL club is still MANCHESTER UNITED F.C. for me only.

My issues with the college football polls this week are Alabama got off a little to easy on not going down far enough from losing to a two lost Texas A&M (4 - 2) squad that was not ranked when they played against Alabama (5 - 1).  Michigan (6 - 0) plays versus Michigan State (6 - 0) very soon & it won't help each other at all.  Most of the teams haven't played very good teams lately.  Who has?  Oklahoma (6 - 0) is still undefeated but they played up to each team.  

A.P. CFB POLL

1. Georgia (6 - 0)

2. Iowa (6 - 0)

3. Cincinnati (5 - 0)

4.  Oklahoma (6 - 0)

5. Alabama (5 - 1)

6. Ohio State (5 - 1)

7. Penn State (5 - 1)

8. Michigan (6 - 0)

9. Oregon (4 - 1)

10.  Michigan State (6 - 0)

11. Kentucky (6 - 0)

12. Oklahoma State (5 - 0)

13. Ole Miss (4 - 1)

14. NOTRE DAME (5 - 1) - There off this coming weekend.

15.  Coastal Carolina (6 - 0)

16. Wake Forest (6 - 0)

17. Arkansas (4 - 2)

18. Arizona State (5 - 1)

19. BYU (5 - 1)

20. Florida (4 - 2) - Tougher games have being rough for them.

21. Texas A&M (4 - 2)

22.  N.C. State (4 - 1)

23. SMU (6 - 0) - Hasn't played any good yet until Cinn. I guess.

24. San Diego State (5 - 0)

25. Texas (4 - 2)


USA TODAY Sports AFCA Coaches Poll

1. Georgia (6 - 0)

2. Iowa (6 - 0)

3. Oklahoma (6 - 0)

4.  Cincinnati (5 - 0)

5. Alabama (5 - 1)

6. Ohio State (5 - 1)

7. Michigan (6 - 0)

8. Penn State (5 - 1)

9. Michigan State (6 - 0)

10.  Oregon (4 - 1)

11. Kentucky (6 - 0)

12. Oklahoma State (5 - 0)

13. NOTRE DAME (5 - 1) - There off this coming weekend.

14. Ole Miss (4 - 1)

15.  Coastal Carolina (6 - 0)

16. Wake Forest (6 - 0)

17. Florida (4 - 2) - Tougher games have being rough for them.

18. Texas A&M (4 - 2)

19. Arkansas (4 - 2)

20. BYU (5 - 1)

21. N.C. State (4 - 1)

22.  Arizona State (5 - 1)

23. SMU (6 - 0) - Hasn't played any good yet until Cinn. I guess.

24. San Diego State (5 - 0)

25. Clemson (3 - 2)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Birthday and this week was on my kind…

My birthday time was earlier this week.  I worked on my birthday by walking four dogs before coming back home.  I enjoy walking and take care of my clients dogs.  Earlier that day mom made a Boston cream cake for my birthday dessert.  We waiting for family to be picked up from the metro then we heading to my favorite restaurant called SweetwaterTavern .  All our food ( menu ) tasted pretty awesome.  We had appetizers before dinner while having drinks to decide on what to get.  I got a usually I get called short salmon salad with warm goat cheese in it.  The apps were called Ozzie rolls (sweet type of a doughnut hole or roll), firecracker shrimp & Tex Mex eggrolls.  I had a unsweetened tea for my drink.  Other food here rocks anyway.  I ate half at the restaurant that night then finished the rest for lunch between walks for work the next day.  I got a few cards for my birthday day.  Thanks to all.  Some of my family gave me some cool stuff for my birthday.  Items later describe… Mor

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! What are you doing this Thanksgiving ? I usually watch Christmas movies on the hallmark channel,  watch the Macy’s thanksgiving parade , sports and Westminster Dog show that’s on also.  We are having family over for Thanksgiving and hope it goes well.  Younger brother & I are helped out our mother for this festival time of THANKSGIVING .  Turkey prices - Giant Food ( Frozen or Fresh ), Safeway ( frozen or fresh ), Trader Joe’s ( frozen or fresh ), ALDI’s ( fresh or frozen ), Harris Teeter ( fresh or frozen ), LIDL ( fresh or frozen ), Wegman’s ( frozen or fresh ), Shoppers Food Warehouse ( frozen or fresh ) and  others…Cheapest turkey prices in Ohio.  Turkey prices in Penn.   prices in IL I think so.  USA TODAY articles about turkey:  Average cost ,  Turkey prices go down but sidedishes go up & Home cooked Turkey could be cheaper at home… Prices in IL.. Sports update .  More recipes:  Mary Berry’s Lemon and Thyme roast Turkey,  Marth

Super Bowl LVIII results and etc…

I don’t spend a lot time on my apple Desktop or laptop so I am on iPhone now this days.  When I do sports events I get my tickets sent on my iPhone.  How about you?  University of NotreDame Football 2024 Schedule announced.  NCAA Basketball bids .  NBC’s coverage for ND football com - mentors have had a big change again.   2026 World Cup stuff right here,  The Super Bowl was entertaining when a team gives up the lead then the underdog wins the game in O.T. to boot - I went to a mini Super Bowl party and had pizza (only ate pepperoni & sausage kind) & Caesar salad mostly with peach ice tea (no sugar) for a drink.  Well I heard the CFBplayoff has updated it self by going to a 12 team format: story link .  NCAA rules on NIL vs Tennessee case issues.  Billy Dee Williams Star Wars take on it.  My nephew/godson’s band named Uniflora ( podcast radio interview) that are playing  at the Metro Chicago (Chicago, IL) this Friday February 23rd, 2024 around 8:00pm ct (doors open aro